Saturday, August 8, 2009

A nearly perfect ending for a summer Saturday

I've been listening to the Dodos for a while now, I really like their song "Fools." When I saw that they were playing at the Getty, I decided I'd really like to go. So often when I travel I intend to attend some kind of performance of some sort but never seem to make it. Well, I did this time! And was it worth the hour wait slogging through molasses-like traffic? Yes it was!






The band's frenetic style blended perfectly with the beautifully cooling grounds, the oddly appropriate bronze sculptures, and the dynamic of the people dressed in every conceivable way imaginable! I did decide to leave before the end; I didn't think I could handle another traffic slog and besides I wanted to get back to my computer to download their new album...I thought I saw it was available.